Sunday, June 28, 2009

Milking Star Announcement.

Nizhoni's Joie de Vivre is has Officially earned her milking star in ADGA. Most of you know my little 'Star" earned her *D in AGS last year. This year we were able to finally get her double registered and I went ahead and tested her and yes - she did it again. She earned her milking Star or *M in ADGA as a 2 yo 3rd Freshener. She was 44 days in milk. and did 3.8lbs of milk, 6.6 % Butterfat. for 9.0 pts (she needed 7.0 to earn her star!)
I am ever so proud of this girl. She is so pretty and sweet and in my heart she's been a star since day one - Of course this is just icing on the cake for us. Also, at Nationals we had a class on becomming DHI testers and 3 of us were able to complete the classes. Now there are going to be at least 4 of us who are official milk testers in NM - aside from the few who are already here!
We will be able to do 1 day tests as well as 305 day tests. I sure hope we can do that this next year.

1 comment:

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Congrats on both accounts, D! That's great news!

Question: Can you only judge Nigerian's or other Dairy Goats, too?

As you know I'm still planning on breeding my mini-mancha one day for milk....and it might be nice to know how she rates.

~Lisa