Monday, June 15, 2009

Back to the Goats

As most of you know I am very happy with my little Piddlin Acres buck Storm. I shaved him two days ago in preparation for the AGS Nationals this week and today i trimmed his hooves. I just couldn't help getting some pictures of him before the show.


Imagine - NO ONE in my family wants to hold him so I can get a good picture. He was being pretty cooperative so I snapped a few decent pictures of him

He is really matured and looking nicer every day. I am so happy with this little guy and the kids he produced this year. WE are hoping for some good wins at Nationals as he is entered in 3 shows currently - 2 on Thursday and 1 on Sat. EVEN if he doesn't walk away with top honors, this is still one of the nicest bucks I've owned and I'm sure happy about what he's done in our herd. Thank you Valerie at Piddlin Acres for breeding this handsome boy!!!!


5 comments:

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Good luck at the show. He sure is one handsome buck!

~Lisa

Welcome To Wilmoth Farms said...

I found your blog through Lisa's and saw you had dairy goats...so i had to come by and visit! Your blog is great and I hope to come back and read more about your goats! I'm looking hard for some (I make handmade goat milk soaps) but here in KY they are hard to find, looks like i have to make a road trip for them..anyway just wanted to say hi!

D. said...

Hey there in Kentucky!!!
I make handmade goat milk soap too
and that's how I got into goats!
I have one darling little doe left for sale who could be shipped but we'd have to find her a buddy.
Check out our website at www.cbfnigeriangoats.com
Also - closer to you is the Lost valley herd and I know they've got a few REALLY nice animals for sale.
They are n Pipecreek TX. Hope you find your goaties!!!!

Welcome To Wilmoth Farms said...

Thanks D! I'll check them out. I have to wait just a bit....I'm getting my mare back I had to sell a couple years ago due to moving and having no where to house her..I'm so excited, so money was just spent on her and now have to put the goats on the back burner. I'm not opposed to shipping some in though....keep me in mind if you have more at a later date! By the way..Third Day is playing - One of my favorite groups of all time!!!!!!!

D. said...

I don't think I'll have any more this year but there is a possibility that we have a preg. doe. I will take reservations for spring kids later this fall so if you want to let me know later you can. You can check at my website for updates and breeding pairs whenever you want!!!!
www.cbfnigeriangoats.com
Thanks, Deanna