Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Happy Birthday Alyssa!

Today Alyssa turns 15. I cannot believe my baby is 15 today. It bring tears to my eyes (tears of joy of course but still a little sad as I realize she's not really my little girl any more!!!) I think most especially because she is here to celebrate. I know there are many parents out there whose precious children did not make it because of Cancer and my heart really goes out to them today. I am abundantly blessed - my child is going to make it and most likely will be well!!!! I can't even begin to tell you how happy that makes me - I just wish I could give that joy to those other parents. Why should I be happy when they are grieving? I remember when Alyssa was a baby - this day seemed so far off. The day when she is old enough to drive (or at least get her learner's permit) that she is really old enough to get a job now, that we only have about 3 years left until she graduates High School and is off to college.......Sigh! (That is if I don't have to hold her back and keep working on her Freshman year.....) I'm really glad that we aren't going to be in the hospital or doing treatments today....now, what to do to surprise her!!!!

1 comment:

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Happy Birthday Alyssa!

I hope your day is truly special!

~Lisa