Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Oh My Gosh!

Life sure does have a way of sneaking back up on you. Tomorrow is Alyssa's appt with the radiologist so we are back on that again. I forgot that some folks haven't seen an Alyssa update in a while and I'm still obviously on vacation mode!!!! We need to go in early and get Alyssa's port flushed and heprenized before the Radiology appt. This isn't her first treatment - it is a consultation with the Dr. who will be doing the treatment. My guess is they will be telling us what they will be doing, getting her body pillow made and marking the spot for the radiation machine. REALITY is back!!!! Nope, we aren't on vacation any more!.
Since I'm here I wanted to share a few things. Thank you Auntie Nita for the really cool prayer square - a quilt square for Alyssa - so sweet and it is beautiful. I also wanted to Thank everyone who went to Applebee's for the fundraiser and Thank Applebees for making it possible to do the fundraiser for Alyssa. I also want to thank all of the folks who donated money even though they didn't go to the fundraiser - We can't even begin to tell you all much your support for Alyssa means to us!!!!!
I won't do it today but I would like to start getting the word out on my site about the wonderful
different organizations are out there that make the lives of these precious kids going thru cancer treatments a little easier. Not too long ago I told you all about a few of the ones we've been blessed by but there are more so maybe once a week I can do a tribute to these fine organizations out there. If you are ever looking for a place to donate money too - many of these are deserving candidates. I can't tell you how they have helped our family, lifted our spirits, blessed our children and brought smiles to faces of the kids fancing some pretty scary medical stuff!!! IF anyone wants/needs more information please let me know and I'm happy to share what I have/know!

1 comment:

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

I was grinning when I saw your blog and another one of my blog friend posted at the same time, right next to each other, with the exact same title, "Oh My Gosh!"

http://myhorsesmylife.blogspot.com/2009/06/oh-my-gosh.html

~Lisa