Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Radiation Update/Dee's Surgery Update

Well, the day has finally arrived for Aly to begin her radiation - we have had two appts now (2 down and 12 to go!) And they have gone well. She has not felt ill from the treatment, just tired.
They typically take only about 15 minutes (we wait longer than that!) I have to thank Kim and Joe for the DEEEEELICIOUS dinner last night - so sweet that they used the rice crust for aaron! You two are AWESOME!!!!
Now for my surgery. I wish I could say my appts were as easy as Alyssa's. HA - I went in at 9ish yestermorning for my preOp appt which I thought (silly me!) was only going to take about an hour - yeah, 3 hours later I wasn't done and though they had informed me that it was a day surgery - they MIGHT keep me in for 3 days. I had to go back today to finish up what didn't get done yesterday before Alyssa's Radiaton appt and it took me another 3 hours to meet with the Anesthesiologist who was SUPER nice and then do an EKG and labs. SIGH. I am ready though. I just want to get this over with. I am so grateful for my mom and my Dear Hubby who is super through all this for all they are doing to make sure the kids and I are well taken care of.
Again, super kudos to Linda for organizing things and to my sister in law who is cooking some meals for us. I don't know how we'd make it through without you all!

1 comment:

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Thinking of you and praying for a successful surgery and easy recovery, D. And also for Aly's radiation treatments, too.