Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Radiation Update.

I would so love to be able to get on here and tell everyone that I have our schedule and here's what's happening - but alas, that is not the way it works in the medical world. We had the consultation appt. It went fine - mostly informational: Questions, explainations, side effects etc.
Next week (they will call us with the day and time) she will have ANOTHER CT scan and have the body pillow which holds her still for the radiation made and they will mark the spots that will get radiation. The best guestimate for her treatment to begin is the following Monday June 15th. (the week of AGS Nationals) and she won't finish by the time I have my surgery. Thankfully I was sort of thinking ahead for once and my cousins two daughters said they help out with transporting Alyssa to and from her Appts. We'll work out child care issues as we get closer as that should only be for one day (June 30th) . Ah, Medical stuff - so much fun - NOT!!!!!
Well, that's all the news I have for now.

No comments: