Sunday, May 9, 2010

SWNDGC Milk Test in Edgewood.

May 7, 8th of 2010 I was honored to perform my first milk test ever as a certified milk tester through Langston DHI. Wow was that every fun. We tested 17 does.
What a way to start my "career" LOL!

Several herds were there being tested, and several more folks showed up to lend a hand and help. We had a potluck Friday night and Dan made his awesome breakfast burritos Saturday morning (Thanks Dan!) and it was hosted by Prairie Wood Ranch in Edgewood. Some of the does were really good - and some required a lot of "wrangling" to get them milked. But all in all I do think we will have a few stars out of this group! Will post when I get official results for everyone!
YES, it really did take 3 folks to get this doe milked. She sure is a pretty doe though. She just earned a leg toward her permanent Ch. at the last show.
I hope PrairieWood keeps her in milk for the June show so she can maybe finish.

3 comments:

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

I'm surprised that was your first one. You seemed like a real pro, D!
Thanks for the good time, soaps, and information, too. I learned some new things and hope to get my mini-mancha bred this year finally. (Thanks for the e-mail of the breeder).

I had a blast with you on Friday night, too. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. lol!


~Lisa

trassy dicosta said...

you have nice blog..

D. said...

Thank you guys!