Sunday, May 17, 2009

Despite the Rough spots, Blessings Abound.

Yesterday was an incredible day - despite some of the roughness of the last two weeks, God continues to show our family what a loving, caring and providing Father He is. There is a charitable organization called the Janet Vargas Memorial Fund which pays for the some fun events for the kids at UNM Childrens Cancer Center. Yesterday was the Cliff's Amusement Park Day so we went and had an absolutely fun time. It was a day to go be a kid and have fun - leaving all the seriousness of this disease behind! I could have cried just seeing the kids have so much fun all day. Aside from getting to ride rides for free from 12-7pm they also provided lunch of Pizza, Subs, chips, sodas, and goodies. It brought a huge smile to my face and tears to my eyes seeing these kids who I am used to seeing so sick while they are getting treatments etc. just smile and have so much fun. I would LOVE to have had pictures but I forgot my batteries for the camars (DUH!!!) If you would like to have more information about this group - see their website: www.jvmf.org .
Along with this fun day we got a call from my mom that someone had donated a large sum of money to our family for medical expenses. Again bringing tears and smiles!!!!
I have a few prayer requests for everyone.
1) Someone we know is having some issues in their life. Please pray that God would just use this difficulty to bring them all closer to the Lord. I can't be specific but I know they could use a lot of prayer right now to carry them thru.
2.) A family who I don't know but family members do know have a Grandbaby who is very young (under 1 year) who is going thru a lot of MAJOR medical issues. He has almost constant seizures and has to have a feeding tube among other medical things. This is a heartbreaking situation for the family and they have been in and out of hospitals since he was born. Please pray too for this family to be upheld during this and that God's miraculous hand of healing would be on this little one.

1 comment:

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

What a wonderful organization. I'm glad everyone had a great time. :)

Blessings to you,
Lisa