Wednesday, January 23, 2008
We are 3 weeks from babies here at CBF Nigerians! El Cerro Wind in The Willows and Nizhoni's Joie de Vivre are due around the same time, both bred to CBF's Entei. Willow was ultrsounded and the vet said to expect two, probably three babies. We are hoping for all girls. Alyssa and Suzy are both on pins and needles waiting for these babies. We will post pictures when they are born.
Matthias and His GIRL
Wednesday, December 12, 2007
MORE Babies on the way (we hope)
Our CBF Chickorita went into heat today so we borrowed our friend's buck Piddlin'Acres BZ Calm the Storm and put them together tonight. He is small (and a tad overconditioned) but can sure do the job. Since Chicki is the full sister to our buck we decided this little blue eyed darlin' would be a good match for Miss Chicki. WE should have a couple of sets of babies around May 10-11, 2008. Owner and Buck's owner have first reservations on any doelings from this pair. IF there are bucks, they will be wethered and sold. IF a doe comes available I will let people know but we will not be taking reservations on anything from this pair at this time. There is a POSSIBILITY we will sell Chicki as a brood doe/milker after kidding. IF you are interested please let me know and I'll put you on the list. She does have crooked front legs - her mom's were like this and they straitened out and she did very well as a FF yearling in the showring. Chicki will hopefully follow in mom's footsteps but right now we don't know so....We will keep everyone updated after kidding. The udder/milking genetics here are fabulous.
Tuesday, December 11, 2007
Another bred doe
Well, because I am braindead I don't have a picture but we took Miss Priss the Oberhasli this morning to get her bred. I am pretty sure she's done because she's not out torturing my Nigerian buck like she was all morning. That poor buck is so frustrated because she stands by his pen and wags her tail in his face and he can't get to her. She is bred to the son of a National Champion named Southern Comfort. We will be looking forward to babies on or about May 10, 2008. Kind of could be a nice Mother's day surprise!!!! Hoping again for girls.
Tuesday, November 27, 2007
More Negative Tests
Our Brucellosis tests are all back and negative now. Our plan was to learn to draw blood and do our own CAEs (still the plan actually) but a storm thwarted our efforts so we will do it later. I did take Miss Priss to get her test done and know it will be Negative but she will be going to visit her handsome man here in a few weeks. She went into heat on Thanksgiving day so I can't wait for her next cycle to take her to Southern Comfort - the son of a National Champion. It's almost tempting to keep one of these but I don't need another mega milker - one is enough!!!!
Monday, November 12, 2007
Looking Forward
I wish I could post a picture here but we put down a deposit on a new buckling who will be born this spring. This is a dream come true for me. I fell in love with the sire when I saw him as a junior buck and blew my chance at owning one of his sons. NOW, I'm just going for it. We want to name him Captain Kidd (after one of the first known pirates). I am not giving away any more information about this buck as it will be a surprise. (HOPE I can keep my mouth shut until after March when he's due). We are praying hard for one out of our first choice doe but either second or third would be fine too!! We are looking forward to this buck doing big things for our herd. I did almost have a weakened moment where I threw caution to the wind and bought my third choice doe bred to the sire. YEAH, if somone drops $400 in my lap tomorrow, I'm leaving to pick her up!!! In the meantime, the buck is what we are going for here. I don't really need another doe! And we are hoping for several keepers this coming year!
Saturday, November 10, 2007
CBF Entei FOR SALE
Subscribe to:
Posts (Atom)




