Monday, January 23, 2023

Life is tough

 I’d love to say that our farm is thriving but right now we are on a hiatus from breeding. I (Deanna) have gone back to school and work and Susie is working and planning to move out and is. It going to be in a place to continue being involved. 

I am left wondering if I am prepared to continue on. For many reasons, including health challenges I cannot figure out. What to do? There is a part of me that would love to continue with one or two goats to milk and continue to make soaps. The other part of me can see just using powdered goat milk to continue soap making. No chores, no throwing bales onto and off a truck. No early morning feeding and milking before work or school.

I miss my goats terribly ( only a retired Chatty and her buddy are left). And I love love love making soaps. I guess I’m just in a holding pattern while I decide next steps.

No comments: