Thursday, November 6, 2008

Welcome our Newest Herd member.

My kiddos decided to do something different this coming year in 4H. Meat Goats. So I called my friend at SbarH Dairy Goats who I knew was crossing some of her Alpines to a Boer buck to find out what she might have available in the spring. After talking for a while she made me an offer I could NOT refuse.
Pearl Valley Laredo Narnia (Pearl Valley Yreka Laredo *B X Pearl Valley SDHB Nivasha 8*M) pregnant to her Boer buck. Not only is she a lovely little Alpine doe she is a Jr. Champion from some wonderful bloodlines and from a CAE Neg. Herd raised on CAE prevention. We weren't sure this is what we wanted but now that Narnia has been with us for 2 days, well, we are pretty convinced we were BLESSED!!!!!!

Yep, Narnia is fitting in fine here at CBF Nigerians. We hope she throws us a couple of twin Boer crosses for the kids to show and Kathy told us she is a very nice and easy milker. So, welcome Miss Narnia, we are glad you are here. Thank you so much Carl, Kathy and Jean!!!!


No comments: