Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Blessed Beyond Measure

This last weekend my dear friend from Flying Goat Ranch blessed us with a new herdsire. This little guy will fullfill several dreams. First is that my husband dearly wanted a black and white. The second is blue eyes in the herd. Handsome little one month old Flying Goat Jazzy Blues will join the herd in one month when he is weaned. He is the son of Prairiewood Bella and PrairieWood Huckleberry. Bella brings in the Racketeer bloodlines I love and Huck brings some pretty stunning lines as well with Lost Valley KW Orion. Player, Huck's dam goes back to MK Ephrath who has a pretty stellar udder. Bella's udder is nothing to be sneezed at and she has a beautiful dairy body to go with a lovely first freshening udder. I know we already have some Orion going on in the herd but this little guy will bring some pretty awesome genetics. We will use him in conjunction with our new little guy from Rancho Esperanza when he arrives.
I will post a picture of little Jazzy when I get a good shot or two without people in the picture. I will also try to get pics of mom and dad. If you can't wait - you can click on the flying goat ranch link under my links section and see Bella, Huck and the triplets: Jazzy and his brother and sister.
He is buck #1 with the floppy ear and less flashy.

No comments: